Rely on the McAfee antivirus to get the total protection from any online threat and virus attacks. There have been constant virus attacks and online surfing is no more a safe option without having any antivirus on your system. So install the antivirus to protect your system from malware and to safely browse the internet. But sometimes it so happens that due to some problems and registry errors and issues you have to uninstall the application from your system. But then you have to reinstall it then you face errors and issues and you are not able to reinstall the application in your system. Then it is possible that you have not uninstalled the application properly from your system and some registry entries are still saved in your system which is creating compatibility errors while with your new installation.
So, it is necessary to uninstall the program properly from your system and if you are not able to do so then you should Contact McAfee Support team to solve it if you are unable to do so. If you want to deal with this issue and you want to manually uninstall the McAfee antivirus from Window 7 then you can follow the steps provided by our experts to troubleshoot the issue.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus from Window 7
- You can uninstall the product in two ways.
- First is by using the Windows Control Panel and second through the official removal tool.
- If you want to uninstall the program through Windows Control Panel then- exit all the running McAfee programs and restart your system.
- Go to the “start” button and go to the search bar and type “control panel” and then click on it and then find the option of “programs and features” and click on that option.
- Now go to the “security center” and select the McAfee application and click on “uninstall” option.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to properly uninstall the program from your system without leaving any registry entries behind if you are not able to do it successfully then take McAfee Technical Support from us.
- If you want to uninstall the program through the removal tool then navigate to the official website of the application and download “McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool” in your system which is available on the website.
- Now go to the downloading folder and open the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Now a dialogue box will ask you to enter the license key and also ask for username and password of your account.
- Now a message will appear “Clean up successfully” after uninstalling the product your system will restart automatically.
- After this, you successfully reinstall the antivirus on your system without any problem.
Contact skilled technicians through McAfee Antivirus Support Number for support
If you are still not able to uninstall the product even after following the steps then contact us via McAfee antivirus support number toll-free.